Thursday 30 March 2006

Abigail again

I couldn't underdand how I'd missed that lovely piece of Abigail's that Paola posted so I went rummaging through her Flikr set, what goodies! She has so much in there, more of her own work and also images of things she likes (like great shots from Selvedge). I really love her watercolours like this one (detail)...



such beautiful colours and just great the way it all conects with her jewellery. I like to match pieces to collages but they don't have the same highly skilled quality of Abigail's work, I'd love to be that good.

Here's a picture of her granny's pin tin, isn't it beautiful?



I find it quite hard having all my nice things packed away so it cheers me up to see other people's lovely collections. My pin tins are are among my favourite things. I also have some great bifurcated rivet tins too, can't wait to get them out and photograph for you. I used to use images of them in my graphic design work but lord only knows where that is just now.

2 comments:

Abigail A. Percy said...

Thanks so much :)..this is one of my favourite patterns too!

Would love to see the vintage tins you have..I am obsessed with them, they are always so beautiful! xx

Feltbug said...

My mum had this pin tin - sweet memories of hand-made dresses :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...