Wednesday 15 August 2007

The day after K left

The day after K left was a real roaster, having not been out with lovely Lucy (Mr P had been taking her) I was amazed to discover the barley field had turned golden with just 2 days of decent sun...



Lucy looks North at the view over to Edinburgh with Arthur's Seat and Salisbury Craggs looking very small in the distance...





head down, bottom in the air

I wish K could have stayed one more day as it was the perfect day for gathering berries in the hedges to make a pie. And gathering fallen Beech twigs for a little fire in the garden to cook the veggie haggis that I forgot I had in the fridge for her. I've been finding food all week that I forgot I had bought. I'd had such plans for making nice things but due to a last minute burning desire to transform Mr P's kitchen (I am always like this before someone comes to stay) I lost my cooking mojo because it felt like I was in someone else's kitchen. I'm settling into it now and getting used to almost everything finally having somewhere to go. Still need to put up shelves but that will wait till the next adrenalin surge/visitor.


you can only just see Lucy in the left groove

Did I mention my dodgy memory recently? I'm forgetting all kinds of things, large and small, mainly words and such, but also more important things like the fact that I have a pot on the gas stove. Have done it twice in two weeks, fortunately both times turned out ok. 1st time I remembered and we drove home fast. 2nd time K was in the house and smelled the burning when she got out the shower. I mention this by way of saying if you think I've forgotten something feel free to remind me cause my brain has given up trying to remember anything beyond what I need to do in the next 12 hours.


The bottom corner of the field was still a bit green.

4 comments:

deedeen said...

As always, your photos are gorgeous! What is your camera???

Anonymous said...

HI!! Those pics are amazing!! Its nothing to do with the camera .. you need Cally eyes! You have such a nice way of looking at things .. really sweet. Cant believe I missed that day, shame .. but had the nicest time with you as always! k x

Cally said...

Hi Deedeen
The camera is Canon PowerShot A620 but I often tweak my levels and curves in photoshop to get them properly balanced, though I didn't need to with these ones.

K
Ha ha hee hee, Always a wee surprise when people I know in real life pop up in these comments. I've been texting but it keeps bouncing back. You left your mascara, 2000 calories! And you thought the Tunnocks were fattening!!! Will post with your lantern. Assuming I should hold off and post to new address just in case it's doesn't make it on time. Let me know when you've moved in and we'll see if the Finns are less scary about taxing gifts in the post. xxx

Susan Schwake said...

cally's eye sees beauty everywhere.
i hope this finds you resting easy and enjoying the warmth that is so fleeting again ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...