Saturday 4 August 2007

Sketchbook - belly stones early 90's



Also found the other week were sketchbooks from the days when I made ceramic 'belly' stones. I sent Paula a photo of the actual stones but it's very blurry so I'm hoping to find some the originals and re-photograph them one day. They each had words impressed in the top of the clay, mainly to do with my concerns about fertility, menstrual cycles, the pull of the moon etc.




Vanessa, missing you and all my regular blog reads, can't wait till I have time to read again and so much hope the summer is good for you all Re. your question - nope, the flooring is at Mr P's house, my own house renovations have ground to a complete halt for a while, but project managing Mr P has been fulfilling some of my home improvement urges and it's lovely to see him starting to care about his own home and his own way of living.




8 comments:

lisa solomon said...

love these cally. so moving. so lovely.

Anonymous said...

nice blog, nice things, very nice

Anonymous said...

The sketches are lovely, the belly stones must have been beautiful.

Ursula Achten said...

Even these sketches are beautiful and it seems to me a very personal theme!!!!!! The belly is one of my most emotional parts, too.....

paula said...

I've mention this before but I have to say it again...this project is beautiful and the idea of drawing the sketches on printed pages makes it even more beautiful.
thanks for sharing it!

see you next week.
have a good one

xxx
*p

crafty fox said...

I'd never heard of belly stones before but what an amazing idea... would make a powerful meditation tool. Beautiful drawings :-)

Anonymous said...

So poetic and beautiful.

Todd Camplin said...

I love digging through my old sketchbooks. Sometimes I pick up the old ideas and run with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...