Monday 2 June 2008

Black lace-like chain of thought


Suzanne Beautyman: Brooch, 2007, Antique lace, resin (via Klimt02)
It reminded me of...

Anne Wilson: Black lace at the V&A 'Out of the Ordinary' exhibition 2007
Which reminded me of...

Cal Lane: 5 benevolent cans-2007, oil cans. Available to buy on Artnet


Cal Lane: 3 Shovels-2006, wood, steel (found via Found Object)
Cal's work blows me away, you should see what she does with cars! I'm really in awe of what she does with steel because when you look deeper than the compelling beauty each piece also has a very subtle but strong message and I would encourage you to read more on her website.
Which reminded me of...

Paul Villinski: Paradigm, 2007, beer cans

The chain of visual memories continued but I could be here for weeks trying to find the links so I hope these few have been good. I had to access my old computer to get some of these and I found lots more of interest, expect further themed posts soon.

5 comments:

Camilla said...

This is leading me to think of Laura Normandin and also Dan Funderburgh

lisa solomon said...

yes yes yes yes

Esti said...

I wonder how do you manage to find such delicate and beautiful pieces... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I simply LOVE these "theme" posts, Callie. You tie things together so thoughtfully, something I aspire to, but seem to usually feel grateful for getting a post up at all! So glad your blogging energy has been up of late, I really love coming here, it is always inspiring!

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog, it means so much!

love,
Tay

Modern Hairwork said...

Wow, what a small world! I was in grad school (class of 8 people) with Cal--she makes gorgeous work!

Hope your health is good, Cally! I had a little ME relapse myself this spring--my blog has lapsed...alas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...