Friday 20 June 2008

My work + olympic pool


2008 Olympic Swimming Pool designed by the China State Construction Engineering Corporation jointly with Australia's PTW Architects and Ove Arup Pty Ltd (more images)


3 layered papercuts 1991 based on The 4 Day Sketchbook, 1991

The roof and walls of the new Olympic pool reminds me of much of my work, and made me realise I haven't posted any of my old work since the 1st of May. So let's remedy that right now...


Drawing from The 4 Day Sketchbook, 1991


A print (recent) of a drawing from The 4 Day Sketchbook, 1991


Papercut (1992) based on a drawing from The 4 Day Sketchbook, 1991



Several papercuts, 1991-'92, layered together

If you are new to my blog you can see more of my work in this style such as this felt brooch, this & this papercut, this book, this crochet. Or see more work in general by clicking the My Work tag at the end of this post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI ... the Olypic Pool is not designed by Herzog and deMeuron

Cally said...

Oops, is it the other bit that's by them? So long ago since I saved the image, I'll check and correct, thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

Love your work as always Cally, I especially love the last three pictures (they do remind me of the Olympic Swimming Pool).

lisa solomon said...

the correlation is fantastic....

i love seeing your work... always...

janine de waal said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Amanda said...

Lovely! Maybe you could sue???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...