Thursday 28 June 2012

Summer Solstice 2012


Sun setting at 10.30 on the Summer Solstice.

Sun setting at 10pm a day later.

The Soltice sunset was quite impressive, for about 15 minutes! I love the way you can see the pale blue and faded mint sky behind the more dramatic gold dusted rain clouds. I was hoping to get a nice shot at midnight since the previous night had looked bloody gorgeous (but could I find my camera? Nope). Sadly it was a bit too cloudy for a good photo at midnight but there were some lovely red hues in the north sky over Edinburgh.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The sunset is just amazingly beautiful! Summer is going by so quickly, but at least you have this lovely photo for a remembrance. And don't you hate it when you misplace a camera? I've done it countless times, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...